Dieter Morszeck, the grandson of Rimowa’s founder, has been making a case for luggage since his teens. After helping develop the world’s first waterproof camera case, Morszeck has kept things light at the German luggage company with a line of aluminum carry-ons and, more recently, a retro-inspired collection set to hit stores this summer.
1. Always listen to your gut. It will never fail you.
2. Best place for a business lunch Taku at the Excelsior Hotel Ernst in Cologne for its authentic Asian cuisine. And if you’re short on time, it offers a healthful three-course lunch that takes only 59 minutes.
3. In business, now’s a good time to try new things and make discoveries.
4. In my carry-on you’ll find an iPad. It’s a fantastic symbiosis between high tech and design.
5. My eureka moment Discovering polycarbonate as a material for luggage. We went into the development department and jumped up and down on the shells like kids.
6. What I had to learn on the fly How to work with and manage people from all over the world. Everyone is unique.
7. My business mantra I don’t need to be the biggest – but I try to be the best.
8. The biggest risk I ever took was investing in the testing and manufacturing of new luggage material. But it paid off.
9. My go-to gadget My iPad goes everywhere.
10. Window or aisle? Both! But as a pilot, my favourite seat is in the cockpit.
Source: Out of Office: Dieter Morszeck | Air Canada enRoute
URL: BUYMA.com リモワ RIMOWA を購入